You may browse the Web Site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information to our servers.
We may collect and store the following personal information:
- email address, physical contact information, and (depending on the services used) sometimes the financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- transactional information based on your activities on the Web Site (such as buying, selling, searching, including item and content you generate from such search or that relates to your account);
- computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Web Site, and other information, including IP address and standard web log information; and
- supplemental information from third parties. (For example, if you incur a debt to Norchuk Supply Company, we will generally conduct a credit check by obtaining additional information about you from a credit bureau, as permitted by law. As another example, if the information you provide cannot be verified, we may ask you to send us additional information (such as your driver’s license, credit card statement, and/or a recent utility bill or other information confirming your address), or to answer additional questions online to help verify your information.)
We don’t sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with the information we collect from other companies (such as demographic data) to improve and personalize our services. We may also use information collected from you to send you information about services or products we offer that you may be interested in.
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- provide the services, products, and customer support you request;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
- customize, measure, and improve our services and the Web Site’s content and layout; and
- tell you about targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences; and compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
OUR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety.
We may also share your personal information with:
- members of our organizational family to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and provide joint services (our affiliates will market only to users who request these services);
- other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service);
- law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity (in such events we will disclose name, city, state, telephone number, and email address); and
Although we attempt to restrict disclosure as provided in this Agreement, Norchuk Supply Company and any related entity or individual shall not be liable under any circumstances for any disclosure of any kind whether intentional or unintentional.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
A few important things you should know about cookies are the following:
- Most cookies are session cookies, meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session; and
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies by modifying your browser, although declining cookies may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Web Site.
- A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the date you choose to share with us.
You may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of the Web Site that we do not control. (For example, if you view a web page created by another user, there may be a cookie placed by that web page.) We are not responsible for cookies placed by web sites not under our control and/or any information obtained by such cookies.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. Your information is stored on our servers located in the United States. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the Web Site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY